Cindy, or “White Rose,” has been a member of the Patriot Guard Riders since 2005. She has been a truck driver for 20 years with the better part of three years in Iraq as a civilian contractor hauling supplies to our troops. She worked her way up to convoy commander in just a few short months. She is the mother of three boys, one of which served in the Army and was in Iraq at the same time she was. Cindy is not only a coauthor at A Soldier’s Perspective but is the author of the book Cindy in Iraq: A Civilian’s Year in the War Zone, based on her own blog Cindy in Iraq. Her family has a long history of serving in the military and her love for our troops is evident in all that she does.
Posts by White Rose:
- Keep your finger crossed!
- A Contractor’s war journal
- A Very Special Christmas Present
- Why do you ….? & You are crazy! (a bit of a rant)
- Joining the Army (Murphy’s Law at work)
- Joining the Army (Delays)
- Joining the Army (choosing an MOS)
- Joining the Army (ASVAB and Medical)
- Women In The Military
- Joining the Army (learning of the age limit for new recruits)
- Please, Let me introduce myself